October 5th, 2015
CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack Download
In case you have been searching high and low for the Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR) Bluetooth driver for Windows 7, I managed to find both the 32- bit (x86) and 64bit (x64) versions for Windows 7. I had a CSR v4.0 Bluetooth dongle that looked like the above photo. It came with a CD, but the CD did not work, hence, I had to search online for a compatible Bluetooth driver for my PC running on Windows 7.
All I know, was that my Bluetooth dongle was detected as a “CSR 8510 A10” device in Windows 7, with the wording “CSR v4.0” and “Bluetooth V4.0” on the box that came with it. So, if you had simliar bluetooth dongle and was trying to find a driver, I hope this one will help you in making it work. I know it worked for me 🙂 So here’s a quick instruction for installation:
1) Remove all the Harmony bluetooth software that you may already have via the Programs & Features in Control Panel
2) Reboot your PC/notebook
3) Run the setup.exe according to the OS type (32-bit or 64-bit) that you have installed.
4) If you see a User Account Control dialog, answer “Yes”.
5) Following through the installation, choosing “Yes”, “Next”, “Ok” etc.
6) Let Windows Update find the rest of the auxiliary device drivers to support the Bluetooth device that is now detected. Be patient, it will take a little while.
7) You should see the Bluetooth icon on your system tray.
8) Find your bluetooth device via the Bluetooth system tray ” Add Bluetooth Device”.
9) Follow through the usual pairing and you should be on the way to use your Bluetooth dongle!
Do let me know whether it worked for you, and do like Gleescape.com to be updated with technology news and sharing!