How to Record Your Screen in Windows 10 for Free
Not many people may know that Windows 10 actually has a FREE screen recording utility called the Game Bar. You can record a video of your Windows application on your laptop, whether it is a game application, or just about any other applications. This is useful if you would like to create a quick tutorial for someone on to follow, especially when you cannot be with that person due to pandemic or the distance.
So here a quick set of instructions on capturing video of your screen on Windows 10 using the Game Bar:
1. Open the application that you would like to capture as video.
2. Press on the Windows key on your keyboard and at the same time, press G key. i.e. Win + G keys
3. This will open the Game bar interface. Click on the dot (a common icon for recording) to start the recording. If you wish to record narration via the mic, you should turn the mic icon to the right of the record button to ‘on’.
4. Switch over to your application, and start doing what you need to do. You can start a recording from most applications and windows, but there are exceptions such as Windows desktop, File Explorer, or certain Windows apps such as Weather, which will not be screen “recordable”. But for most other application, they are perfect for screen recording.
5. Once you are done with the recording, press the stop button (square) on the floating video recording control window called “Capture Window”. If you cannot find the floating control window, press Win + G key again to find the “Capture Window”.
6. You will find the video recording files in your computer, under the Videos folder in a subfolder called Captures.
7. Have a fun time recording screens from your Windows 10! 🙂